Carmel Wine Walk
Carmel Wine Walk
Carmel is well-known for its restaurants, unique shops and art galleries all compressed within a one-square mile footprint. But now, there is something else fantastic to do in Carmel - without having to get in your car. Wine Tasting.
The Carmel Wine Walk offers a passport to 12 distinct tasting rooms. The tasting rooms, some of which are stand-alone while others are part of a complimentary business, include:
- Bountiful Basket. Located on San Carlos near Ocean and 7th (within sightview of the Coachman's Inn!). A variety of gourmet food items, gift baskets and olive oils join in on the fun of wine tasting.
- Caracciolli Cellars. Located inside the Carmel Plaza Shopping Center on Ocean Avenue. They offer wines from the Santa Lucia Highlands growing area - including a sparkling varietal (rare for this area)
- The Cheese Shop (same location as above). Anyone who has come to Carmel before, has probably stepped inside this small shoppe that has the most amazing variety of cheeses. What goes well with cheese? Wine of course!
- Cima Cellars. Located on San Carlos between Ocean and 7th. Boutique winerey with a small production from a local Carmel area vineyard. Beautiful tasting room!
- Coastview Vineyard. Located on 7th between San Carlos and Dolores. Pairs a wine tasting room with what else - one of the over 100 art galleries in Carmel! Boutique wines from the highest mountain-top vineyard in Monterey County.
- Figge Cellars. Located on Dolores between 7th and Ocean. Also inside of an art gallery (Winfield), they specialize in Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Syrah.
- Galante Vineyards. Located on Dolores between Ocean and 7th. This was the first tasting room in town and has a pretty prominent brand image in this area (and the wines are mighty fine!)
- Scheid Vineyards. Located on 7th between Mission and San Carlos. Recently transplanted from Cannery Row - another prominent family with excellent wines. This is located inside Homescapes (you can kill two birds with one stop - redecorate your house and buy a bottle of wine to toast your success)
- Southern Latitude Wines. Located on Lincoln, between Ocean and 6th.Great place to try wines from OUT of the area including Australia, New Zealand, Italy, South America, and South Africa.
- Tudor Wines. Located on Mission, between 7th and Ocean. This is inside Andre Bouchee Restaurant - one of the best places in town in which to dine. Wine taste and follow it up with appetizers of dinner in the restaurant.
- Vino Napoli. Located at the northeast corner of Dolores and 7th. A variety of wines and tappas make this a fun stop for food and wine. Next door to Pepe's Little Napoli
- Wrath Wines. Located inside the Carmel Plaza.
Do you remember the days when wine tasting was free (in hopes you would make a purchase)? Sadly, that is no longer the taste but with Carmel Wine Tasting you can purchase a Carmel Wine Tasting Passport to help you budget out your voyage in to the vines. Includes 7 tasting rooms for $30 per person (value of $70).
Of course, one of the great things is that you can stay at the Coachmans Inn, park your car (free parking) and walk to wine tasting in Carmel. And then stroll to your restaurant and dine in one of our amazing Carmel restaurants. Then just venture back to the hotel for a good nighty-night.