Romantic Carmel Things to Do
People travel to Carmel, California for a variety of reasons. Nearly 25 percent of those travelers come for a romantic getaway including a honeymoon, anniversary, wedding or to renew their vows. The Coachmans Inn, located right in the midst of downtown Carmel, is the perfect romantic hideway while you explore all that is romantic Carmel.
Below are some of our favorite romantic activities:
- Wine Tasting. A new attraction for downtown Carmel are over a half-dozen wine tasting rooms. You can easily walk from one to the other (keep your car parked at the Coachmans Inn) and stop inbetween for a gourmet lunch at one of over 60 great restaurants in downtown Carmel. If you are more adventurous, you can travel out to Chateau Julien, a Carmel winery that resembles a French Chateau and is quite romantic.
- Carmel Beach. Enjoy a picnic for two on the soft, white sands of Carmel Beach (about .7 miles from the inn). Stop by Bruno's or Nielsen's to pick up your supplies or hire Romantic Room Designs to set it up for your special someone as a surprise. The same business can also set up a surprise, romantic sunset beach bonfire for the two of you.
- Romantic Dining in Carmel. Some of our favorites can be found on our restaurant page. For a truly romantic dining experience, our favorites would be: L'Aubergine, Fresh Cream and Casanova Restaurant
- Couples Masage. Carmel is home to many day spas that offer a variety of massage treatments including a couples massage. We can also arrange to have massage therapists come straight to your room.
- Already Married? How about renewing your vows on the beach with Weddings in Monterey. Nothing can be more romantic than renewing your commitment in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
- Looking for a romantic adventure? Located nearby are opportunities to surf, kayak (tandem), bicycling, golfing -- even sky diving!
If you need any advice on romantic things to do in Carmel, please contact our Director of Romance by email and he can help you plan for a romantic getaway in Carmel.