What to Do In Carmel:
Let the Coachman's Inn be your "headquarters" as you explore the Monterey Peninsula region - and find many fun and interesting things to do in Carmel located within a short distance:
- Carmel Beach (Dog Friendly, Relaxing deep white sand, picnics, beach bonfires, sunsets) Walkable
- Shopping in Carmel (over 100 unique shops with hard-to-find items that make great gifts) Walkable
- Wine Tasting (we now have 12 wine tasting rooms - all within walking distance of the hotel).
- Restaurants (over 60 great restaurants with almost every conceivable type of cuisine - see our recommended restaurants page) Walkable
- Art Galleries in Carmel (over 100 art galleries showing off our history as a former artist colony) Walkable
- Attractions (in Carmel one of the most popular is the Sunset Center for live entertainment including comedy, dance, symphony and dramatic theater-- located just a block from the inn! Other popular attractions include the Carmel Mission, Mission Ranch Restaurant (owned by Clint Eastwood) and the Forest Theater (all located within about a 5 minutes drive from the inn).
- Golfing! The Monterey Peninsula is home to some of the best golf courses in the country - many with scenic views of the oceans, mountains and valleys. Learn more about golf in Carmel and our nearby towns.
- Pt. Lobos (located just south of Carmel - called the "greatest meeting of land and sea" located just a 7 minutes drive from the hotel)
- Big Sur Coastline (scenic beauty, miles of breathtaking hiking trails, horseback riding, cliffside restaurants. Starts about a 10 minutes drive from the inn)
- Monterey (the world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf and the coastal recreational biking and hiking trail. About an 8 minutes drive from the inn.
- Pacific Grove (Quaint old-fashioned town with unique shops, restaurants, historic buildings, tidepools and Lovers Point Park. About a 10 minutes drive along Scenic Highway 68).
- Carmel Valley (rustic beauty, wineries and tasting rooms, hiking trails. Starts about a 5 minutes drive from the inn)
What to do in Carmel? Or, what not to do? It's your vacation! Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all but spend time relaxing in our hot tub, sauna or up in your room. Room service is available (outside local service) as well as in-room massage therapy (individual or couples). Just let us know how we can make this your best vacation ever and if you need help with what to do in Carmel, just contact one of our innkeepers, send us a message on Facebook, or "Just Ask George."